- Tech Specs
PPSU (Polyphenylensulfone) is an amorphous material with improved impact and hydrolysis resistance compared to PSU. Characteristics of PPSU include:
- High strength and rigidity
- Very high impact strength (also at low temperatures)
- Very good dimensional stability
- Very high chemical resistance
- High resistance to many types of radiation
- Very good sterilisation capability
The very high notch impact strength remains after heat ageing
Typical applications of PPSU include microwave oven parts, blow dryers, insulators, humidifiers and various uses in the food and medical industries.
If you have a requirement for machined or finished PPSU components please ask the Plastock team for more information.
|Water absorption (%)||0.4|
|Yield stress (MPa)||80|
|Elongation at break (%)||?50|
|Notched impact strength (kJ/m²)||13|
|Ball indentation hardness (MPa)||141|
|Shore hardness (scale D)||86|
|Tensile modulus of elasticity (MPa)||2350|
|Thermal conductivity (W/(m*K)||0.35|
|Service temp long term min (°C)||-50|
|Service temp long term max (°C)||170|
|Heat deflection temperature (°C)||214|
|Dielectric strength (kV/mm)||15|
|Volume resistivity (Ω*cm)||≥10¹³|
|Surface resistivity (Ω)||≥10¹³|
|Comparative tracking index||125|
Minimum order value excluding VAT & delivery is £25
What is the cost of delivery?
Because of the huge variation in our orders we have developed a specialised shipping calculator for clients ordering online. Once you fill out your order details and progress through to the online checkout, our calculator will automatically work out the precise shipping cost for you to check before you proceed.
What delivery methods do you use?
We have a selection of couriers suited to the size, weight and type of product you order from us. It is likely we will deliver your goods with a courier service such as Tuffnells, TNT, DHL etc. You can track your order with the shipment number, if you would like us to send you the tracking number for your order please contact us or give us a call and we can track it for you.
If you would like to specify any special delivery instructions these can be entered at the point of ordering or please give us a call once you have placed your order and we will try to accommodate your requests.
- Collection. Once your order is ready for collection, we shall call you to advise. Our collection point is open until 5pm - Monday - Friday.
- Standard Delivery. All of our orders come with standard delivery which is typically a 1-3 working day service.
- In a hurry? We can look into premium delivery services at an extra cost. Give us a call on 01494 449 975 to find out more.
- Installation. If required please get in touch about our installation services and how we can best support you, all with a smile!
See our shipping page for more details.